Hello, welcome to this month’s blog on the Microsoft patch release. This month the vendor has released 94 vulnerabilities, 18 of which are rated Critical.
As always, customers are advised to follow these security best practices:
- Install vendor patches as soon as they are available.
- Run all software with the least privileges required while still maintaining functionality.
- Avoid handling files from unknown or questionable sources.
- Never visit sites of unknown or questionable integrity.
- Block external access at the network perimeter to all key systems unless specific access is required.
Microsoft’s summary of the June 2017 releases can be found here: